A little update


Oh hi, remember me?
I know, I'm so bad, I totally neglected you. I had all these big plans for this blog in the New Year didn't I..... and it's now coming to the end of September......*eek* and there's literally nothing to show for it.

In my defence though - it's been a pretty big year - so far anyway.

I thought I'd do a little update - and potentially I may be able to commit a bit more time to this blog!



WORK
So! The big news is that I now - no longer live in Lancashire. I'm now a Yorkshire rose!
I was transferred at work - I guess it's a promotion because the station I'm at now is so much bigger. Mega big actually. You no longer are reading the words of 'Reporter' at Heart and Smooth radio in Lancaster and Cumbria. Instead - I am now the 'Breakfast News Reader' at Heart and Capital in Yorkshire!
Honestly it's insane - I can't believe I'm here so young in my career path. I mean - obviously there are people who're way more successful and they've done it so much younger but I kinda think, 'it's not a race' and I'm here at my own pace and I'm pretty damn proud of myself.

So not only am I reading the news which is class! - me and my voice telling stories on the radio every morning - but my audience has now quadrupled in size. I think Heart and Capital have like half a million listeners every week or something - thats like FOUR WEMBLEY STADIUMS. 

I'm totally buzzing.

HOME
Of course a new job also means a new home. I've got a little flat in Leeds.

Actually - it's quite a big flat. I used spareroom.com to find a place and literally couldn't find anywhere suitable. Leeds is pretty expensive for my measly wage packet and anywhere cheap was very student-y.

I ended up buddying up with two girls and we managed to get an insanely located apartment. Smack bang in the city centre of Leeds. It's not too badly priced either but that obviously means it's a little rough around the edges.

Get ready to follow its transformation over our tenancy!

I feel like I've fallen on my feet with my two flatmates too - Georgia's lived in Leeds for a while - she's a PHD student and Summer's brand shiny new like me - she's an engineering consultant. So far we all gel really well which is great. More than anything I'm just excited to have new friends *loser*


ROMANCE
I'm not mega into talking about my boyfriend ... BUT After an 8 hour blip - Fras and I really are great. We've just got back from a 12 day trip to Croatia *hence the tan in these pics* (get ready for the impending blog post) and we're currently doing the whole 'long distance' thing. Okay I guess it's not that long distance it's a two hour train journey - but it's long enough - and I can't just go and pop round anymore. It means more dedicated time and effort though which is quite nice.

SPARE TIME
So obviously because I'm the breakfast news reader - I get up super early - but it also means I've got a huge load of spare time now.

It's good news for the blog - hopefully I'll be able to dedicate some hours to crafting posts. 

It's good news for my waistline too - I've joined the gym - after I finish this post I'm going to make a meal plan and Georgia and I have signed up to pole fitness.

I'm so happy with all of this change - I feel like I can breathe now that I've moved out. I FINALLY feel like I'm living my own life and I'm potentially making life long friends in the process.

Everything seems to be coming along pretty swimmingly.



A final note on this look. I'd just got back from Croatia and Mum decided she'd spoil me before I headed back to Yorkshire.

I'd been lusting after this dress for AGES after Chloe posted it on her story. We had a lil splurge in Topshop and this was one of the spoils.

I wore it to our family meal out and I'm still madly in love with it. in fact - I'm out this weekend - so I'm planning on wearing it then (:

Hope I see you around here more often!

No comments

Post a Comment

designed by pipdig