Testing: INIKA ORGANICS


Hello blogging family!

How are you? I hope your Easter has been full of happy and chocolate - I mean, the two are interlinked right?

I've had a really great weekend - and I still have another day off - which is just delicious! I work weekends normally - but I booked the Saturday and Sunday off without realising I had a couple of bank holidays thrown in too. Lucky me.

On Friday I worked the Good Friday morning shift - then went out at night in Manchester with my girl friends.


My Saturday night followed suit with a housewarming party with my college girlfriends. I'd say we were growing up having a house warming party... but we inevitably ended up in Preston too so I feel like we've still got it going on - we're not passed it yet!

The nights out meant I finally got chance to give Inika Organics a full and proper testing!

I first spotted Inika on Instagram actually, it flashed up on InstaStories as one of those ridiculously annoying adverts; a model was demonstrating the mascara.

Normally I wouldn't go for an Instagram advert, but the lashes on this girl were incredible AND it was boasting its vegan and organic formula so I swiped up to the website.


After popping the 'long lash' mascara into my bag I decided to have a little gander around the site - Like a magpie, I was attracted to it all!

I very nearly bought the full foundation bottle and the primer.... before spotting this face in a box kit!

Inside, it contains sample sizes of the primer, CC cream, foundation and concealer alongside the powder foundation, bronzer, translucent powder and blush.

As I'm pretty picky with my foundation colour I thought this might be a better buy.



 First off I LOVE the packaging,

All black and sleek means a major winner in my eyes.

Also, that model wasn't lying - this mascara has easily become one of my favourites! It's incredible! I can be picky with mascara - I hate anything drying or flakey but I find this really nourishing. My lashes are super long and fluttery and actually this lasted all day long too.

The powders are really great too - the blush colour is like a bricky/rose colour. It's again become one of my new favourites!

That said, I haven't been totally sold on the liquid products. I really like the finish, it's really glowy and dewy and somewhat lighter to the touch than my usual choices - BUT. I find it really doesn't spread very well.

Like I'm talking it's a major effort to get an even coverage.

I've used it with a buffing brush and a sponge so far - the sponge definitely worked better than the brush. I think half the problem is the colour. I bought the 'Unity' box, but the foundation is just still far too dark for my porcelain skin. Maybe if they extend their shade range I'll find a better match.

I've been thinking maybe it'd be better suited to someone with oily skin? Rather than my crusty complexion (ew). The oil might actually make it slide over a little easier.

I was talking to my friend Freya about the brand on Friday, she said to me "as much as I don't want it to be so, the 'science' works." I hate to say it but she may be right here (obviously I'm friends with a wise owl).

Still, I'm holding out for that perfect organic, plant based product that will revolutionise my makeup collection.


I hope your weekend has been fun and feast filled.

Please drop organic recommendations in the comments below if you have any!!!

Ex

No comments

Post a Comment

designed by pipdig