February Update



February somehow seems to have flashed forward, without me noticing; I can't believe how quickly the month passed by. 

I had planned to do multiple posts and really get into the whole blogging thing, but my life has been so busy with work and watching One Tree Hill that I've just not got round to publishing the promised posts, waiting patiently, in my drafts list.

They're almost done too, the words are down - I just suck at taking pictures... honestly how do the supercool blogger babes do it? To say I look like a dumpling in photos is an understatement.

Anyway, I thought I'd just take this opportunity to update you on my life. February has been a pretty big month for me.

Namely, I AM OFFICIALLY A GLOBAL JOURNALIST.

It's a big deal, a very big deal in fact. I mentioned in this post that my radio station had been bought by the pioneer, but what I didn't mention, is that, actually, my job hung in the balance.

I'd been on a freelance basis there, but I had signed no contracts and there was no paper proof that I was actually contributing to the workforce. 

Global had absolutely no obligation to keep me, so for the last four months my simmering anxiety has been ramped up to boiling point.

In that situation, there's a lot of people telling you what you should do, people that care about you, of course, but people that offer conflicting advice none-the-less.

In my experience, if you're ever in this situation, the best advice I can give, is to stay positive. My parents, colleagues, boyfriend and best friends were all telling me to ask questions, demand answers, kick off, blow my lid and tell them: "this limbo is absolutely unacceptable".

I did none of those things.

Instead, I remained positive, buckled down and decided to let my work do the talking for me.

Eventually, after four months of waiting, it was time. I was told to send my CV, was invited to interview and before I knew it, was accepted into the Global family.

I'm over the moon, intimidated and still in dis-belief all at the same time. There's this little voice inside my head at the moment, saying, you might actually do this. You might actually make it.

Despite its tiny volume, it's a huge boost. I am so unbelievably excited for what 2018 holds for me.

Ex

No comments

Post a Comment

designed by pipdig