Monthly Goals: March


MARCH


I always like March. It marks the start of Spring and it means April (my birthday month) is just around the corner. *happy dance*

This year, the first week of March has really brought the sun and with it a real feeling of change. I don't know how or why, maybe it's the vaccine roll out and the hope that brings... maybe it's Boris Johnson's roadmap and the feeling that this continued lockdown really will be over soon... maybe it's the Chancellor's budget and the feeling of fresh help or maybe it's just that mercury's finished it's damn retrograde. There just really seems to have been a real shift this last week and a half.

I'm really jumping on this breath of fresh air that's coursing through my windows. My mood's really lifted after being a bit dark and dismal over winter. I have more energy so I've started exercising some more. I'm falling back in love with my job which has seen quite a few changes over recent months.... or maybe the year to be honest! 

To continue my focus - I thought I'd write a little goals post covering what I'd love to achieve this month.

1. Exercise more.

I think this has been a New Years Resolution for me every year since I was a teenager. I obviously don't want to put too much pressure on myself but for the last week, I've run every single day. MAD. They're not exactly big runs - I've been doing the couch to 5k so they're little diddy ones but even just getting out has given me such a boost. I really hope I keep going with this and really gain momentum. My goal is to exercise everyday. Even if it isn't running - I'd love to just do yoga or a walk or an ab workout.


2. Read more.

One of the best things to come from these lockdowns is that I've read more than ever. I used to be such an avid reader when I was younger, I think it's why I became a news reader actually - I love telling stories. I've found with lockdown I don't want to spend all  my time watching TV. I already hate trashy TV so I've found myself craving other entertainment. There are only so many hours you can walk in a day! I'm just starting Cows by Dawn O Porter but if you want to keep up with my reading list, this is the link.


3. Meditate every day

A few months ago I found my mental health really took a nose dive. For some reason I came into the office in an absolute panic sobbing for absolutely no reason. (I say no reason, we are literally surviving a pandemic right now.) I guess the last year has really taken a toll on everyone and I'm absolutely no different. My work are really great though and have paid for a headspace subscription for everyone which is great and they're offering a free counselling service. I've really found the meditation's worked. Obviously I still get anxiety but being able to take a moment, breathe and focus on what I'm grateful for in my life has really helped. Fraser's big on meditation too and tells me I can't just do it when I'm feeling bad - it needs to be consistent. (Y)


4. SAVE MONEY

Fras and I are hoping to buy a house this summer. In little old Leeds but as he's a student it will just be on my wage that we get somewhere. It means saving has become more important than ever. Thankfully, lockdown has meant I've curbed my spending habits. I used to totally live ''for the mems'' whereas I now have finally managed to get out of my overdraft and get a bit built up in my pocket. It means when we actually buy a home, we can decorate the way we want to.


5. Take the time for myself.

I've recently moved into a new house share in Leeds and I love it so much. There are four of us which was a little daunting at first considering last year I lived with just one other flatmate but genuinely I adore them all so much and we really get on. That said, because two of them are quite new to the apartment I've had to do quite a lot of 'entertaining' and tried to get them feeling comfortable in the new place. It means my 'me time' has taken a bit of a hit. Now don't get me wrong, I love making friends and I'm one of those people who really feeds off social interaction. I do however really need to have a bit of me time every so often. I need that time to rest and restore my energy levels. I think that comes from my years playing computer games as a teenager, while everyone else was getting drunk in a park. Now that the girls are a little more settled, I want to make sure I get my time on my own to decompress. Whether that's reading as mentioned up there, meditation or yoga... or even just a couple of hours playing with my nails or hair. This snap is an example of my 'me time' haha. I managed to do a bit of nail art (: I'm actually pretty impressed with myself! Who needs a salon eh?!

For now, I suppose that's it. There's always loads I want to do - but I don't want to stretch myself too thin. These four things are making me feel happy and hopeful right now. Let's hope I stick to them eh! 

Let me know if you have any goals this March! 

E x

No comments

Post a Comment

designed by pipdig