Style Spotlight: Georgia Knit - Mustard Jumper


Hello!

Welcome to my blog!

My name's Elizabeth, Lizzie for short. 

I'm a 24 year old Broadcast Journalist who finally decided to give it a go on the old blog!

This is my face, which is looking quite pleased with itself today because its got a day off! ... and Millie who I imagine will feature quite heavily. She was really concerned that I kept getting up and setting the self timer on the camera so she had to comfort herself with a sock...  I think for her sake I need to buy a remote.


I've quite literally had a blog forever but I've always used it to read others rather than religiously posting myself. I remember coming home from college just to check what outfits Lily and Emma had worn that day; ready to apply the inspiration to my attire the next.

Flash forward a few years and I've seen the likes of Kate and Megan bloom from budding bloggers into the influencers that they are today.

There's something about reading blogs that I really do love - I think, you don't necessarily need to have the best style or the greatest grammar to engage an audience - it's about sharing personal experiences; I feel like I know the writers behind the best blogs. 

At first, I thought I'd missed the boat; that I couldn't possibly create content that could capture an audience the way the veterans do. I've realised recently though, that it's not about an audience; it's about myself; I'm a journalist and I love to write and that's enough to create my own little space on the internet.

And in all honesty, I've seen so many fresh faces, like AliceChloe and Lydia, coming through the ranks that I genuinely love that makes me think - well why can't I add my own pen to the pages?

Like I say, expect lots of Millie, cruelty free beauty, my boyfriends photography and knitwear!


Speaking of which....  Let's talk about this jumper.

Are you in love? I think I'm in love.

Now, I've always been blonde, so mustard or yellow has always felt very much out of the question when it came to styling. Never before have I wanted to run the risk of looking like a dandelion strutting through the streets of Preston but, as I've got older and I've been engaged in an raging battle with my hair, it's darkened. Although I've been sad to say goodbye to my golden tresses, I really love the styling options that come with a brunette-ish* head.

This baby, is one of them.


Meet the Georgia knit, I spotted her a few months back on Instagram. She's from the brand 'He', and is a bit of a twist on your standard knitwear; instead of an everyday cable or turtle neck, she's adorned with embroidered florals. When I saw her I knew I just had to have her.

She is just SUCH an 'out there' choice of jumper for me. I'm usually an all black kinda gal. If you'd have suggested to me last year that I should try a coloured, let alone mustard(?!) piece I would have laughed you right outta the room but I honestly love her.

I've previously only shopped once from He before and I was pleasantly surprised with the quality - although, for 'disposable' fashion I do think it's a little expensive at £45 - or am I just tight?

Again, I was pleasantly surprised with my new best cuddle - because that's what knits are...right? She's thick and soft and cosy - the prefect companion to an afternoon in.


My only issue with her, and I'm being picky. Is that she's not the best fitting of knits. Now, just to clarify I am really fussy with knitwear as it is but Georgia just doesn't have so flattering of a structure. I couldn't wear her over the top of these jeans shall we say - she'd make me a little short bodied and stumpy.

That said! Paired with my trusty high waisted jeans that clinch me in at the waist she's just perfect.

I love the blooming, 3/4 sleeves and the details are just darling, darling.

Like I said, I know for those with more muted preferences this little lady isn't quite what you'd be looking for but I've just taken a peep on He's website and there's so many pieces I would love to buy so you should definitely check them out.

What do you think? Is mustard too much?

Ex

No comments

Post a Comment

designed by pipdig