New Year Party look and a post Christmas catch up!

Here we bloody go then! Happy 2020! I honestly can't believe it... even Emma's 18 now! (ahur).

I hope you've had the most amazing festive time over this last couple of weeks... I know I have. I booked a magical two whole weeks off work. Which meant two whole weeks of lie-ins! Honestly the best Christmas gift I could have ever given myself. 

I spent the first week relaxing with Fraser. To be honest, (and I want to be honest online, because on here so few of us ever are) it wasn't the best. After so long of living apart, we spent the best part of a week just getting at each other; arguing, picking and battling back to where we fit together. 

After a rough start though - the second week was much better. I think we can both say we're more in love than ever and that tough week - without making you want to vom into your wheatabix - offered the learning curve we needed to make us appreciate each other all the more. To be honest, I think we just needed to find our groove again; It's hard when you're used to seeing each other just days every couple of weeks and then all of a sudden it turns into minute after minute.




In the second week, I made sure I had plans with other humans in my life. It meant a little more variety in our day and gave us something to talk about other than his essay work... or Sims... (thank. gawd.) 

Of course, it ALSO meant I was pissed for pretty much a solid week - but I mean, who isn't at Christmas?! My best friend Frances and I literally made too many plans to count. We caught up with all of our best friends from back in the day - getting very merry along the way. 



I spent my New Years at a party - obviously. It was a friend of Fraser's brothers. I took my brother, and it just all ended up being a bit of a family affair. It was so nice actually - yet again, I got a bit too bevvied and ended my night with my face in a toilet - classy, but lovely all the same.

I wore this absolute banger of a number.



I AM SO IN LOVE.

I honestly felt so cool all night. While the other girlfriends donned their best dresses (looking mighty fine too of course) I sizzled in this stirling suit.

Are you obsessed?



I spotted this in the window of H and M while shopping with my friend Georgia. I instantly fell in love and had big plans to buy this for my big Boxing day blow out. Unfortunately, time, and my stream of cash ran away from me. 

When I returned to the shops though - this little baby had been reduced! A SIGN! I tried it on, after what seemed like an eternity, waiting in the world's longest queue *eyeroll* and fell in love immediately.



You can kind of tell from these snaps, but it's a really luxe feeling little number. That dark green shade gives it a real classy muted feel, perfect for the festivities of this time of year and the animal print, (though I don't really know which animal tbh - a mix of leopard and zebra I suppose?) adds a pop of fun - perfect again for party season. The suit also has a really lovely silky finish to it which immediately makes the whole thing feel so much more expensive. I slipped into it, smug with price tag I had actually paid.

I just want to take a minute to specifically talk about these pants too - they made me feel like the coolest goddess ever. I bought the size 12; which I guess is just where I'm at now, after years of vowing to get back down to a size 8/10. They fit so beautifully, the waist area feels really 'constructed' I guess is the word - really well made and really flatters my often bulging belly, while the rest of the pant just glides down my legs, skimming past all my bad bits. 

I'm a bit of a fan of a tailored leg with a bit of room in it. I feel like a bit of excess material, makes me appear skinnier than I actually am. (tips and tricks according to Lizzie there.)

I'll be honest, Fraser wasn't entirely sold on the whole underwear as outerwear vibe I had going on but his mum (the babe that is) was in love. I probably did get a few boob glances from the boys at the party, but I felt too chic to care.




I've since spent 2020 led in bed. No seriously, I had such plans and goals to get up and at em this year - but to be honest, restarting work has just taken it out of me. I'll probably do some kind of goals post for the new year... and decade (!!! EEK) Which I hope will kick start my productivity, but until then, I hope you're having fun in this time where we're supposed to be getting our shit together.

All my love, L x












No comments

Post a Comment

designed by pipdig