MAUI MOISTURE - The green and pink ones


Happy Friday! I hope you've had a productive week and are now ready for a wonderful weekend!

I'm currently on a train, heading to Preston to see my momma. She's had a bit of a health scare this week so I've been dying to get to her and just make sure she's alright.

I thought while I was on the train - I'd write up my little review of Maui Moisture.

I've been wanting to try MM for a long time now. I made the switch from chemical beauty products about a year ago - choosing sulphate, silicone and paraben free products instead. I've even got Fraser hooked on it!

We can both really FEEL the difference. When I'm forced into using silicone conditioner (which I often am if I stay over somewhere that's not my own place) I can always FEEL the plastic. It's such a weird sensation to me now. Fraser also says it weighs down his hair when he uses it.

I've used a few now actually! Read my previous review of Pureology here.


Maui Moisture though: WOW. 

What a collection.

I actually hadn't ever heard of MM before my hunt for natural brands but now I literally see them all over Instagram. I definitely think more and more people are getting 'in the know' about haircare and what's in it.

Maui Moisture say all of their products start with Aloe Vera - claiming 'not all moisture is the same'. Honestly - it's something you can really feel in their products.




For a bit of background - I've got really fine hair. There's a lot of it, but it's naturally straight and just hangs limp with no VA-VA-VOOM. I always look for products that are both moisturising - because of all the heat styling I've inflicted over the years - and voluminous.

After checking out their range - which is HUGE by the way - I decided to start off with the Shea Butter Shampoo and Conditioner. I love the scent of Shea Butter as it is. I always go for 'cosy' smells in my beauty bag - plumbing for things with Honey or Almond in the title rather than 'fruity, fresh and floral'. The smell has got to be the first thing you notice in all the Maui Moisture products.

They say, Maui Moisture was inspired by tropical ingredients, like those that you'd find on islands... like Maui. Honestly, THE SMELL ALONE takes you there, as soon as you open the bottle. What's more - it lingers in your hair way beyond your blow-dry. I have honestly been sat in work sniffing my hair as I work and people have asked me what on earth I'm doing.

This product honestly, does exactly what it says on the tin. It revives and hydrates my hair.


I also decided to go for a hair mask as well. Like I say, my hair is fried from all the torturous heat I've applied to it over the years. It's full of split ends (which I try my best to cut off) and just in general needs a good old drink up and replenish.

I actually love to sleep in this on a weekend, if I've got no where to be the next day. I wrap it up (gently) overnight and can absolutely tell the difference after washing it away in the shower. 

I wake up with my hair feeling thicker and fuller and just generally all round healthy.



If you've read my blog before, you'll know I've been a really silent content consumer for the last decade. Among the many wonderful creators I follow is the lovely Jemma. Jemma's got some gorgeous content if you fancy taking a peek - she really takes some dreamy photographs with a real romantic feel. Well, Jemma is also a big Maui Moisture fan. She did a little collaboration with them and as part of it she offered up the chance for one lucky follower to win a bottle of shampoo and conditioner.

GUESS WHO THAT LUCKY FOLLOWER WAS.

Little. Old. Me !!!

Honestly I can't tell you how gobsmacked I was! I'm one of those people that hasn't ever won anything so to be picked from among her many many followers was absolutely out of this world.

As part of the collaboration - I had to send her my haircare details.

Kindly, Maui Moisture sent me their bamboo fibres collection.


So this collection, is supposed to restore and thicken my hair. It's got actual bamboo fibres and castor oil - which is renowned for lengthening your locks and encouraging strong growth and it's got Neem Oil. Neem Oil is supposed to replenish hair and soften the burnt strands atop of my head.

I've gotta say - smell wise, this wasn't AS amazing as my beloved Shea Butter. What can I saw, I'm a sucker for the smell.

It does however, really make my hair feel light and bouncy which I really adore. You can really tell the difference between the different ranges. Straight away, my hair felt more 'hollywood'? I guess is the right word? In the sense that when I walk - it bounced. Kate Middleton, eat ya heart out kinda tresses.

I would maybe say though that it doesn't moisturise quite in the same way either though. My hair definitely felt softer with the Shea Butter range. That said - I did still have the mask I applied once a week just to give it that extra injection of hydration.


I've gotta mention as well - that little blue bottle.

This is my favourite favourite product in the whole entire range. It's the Sea Minerals, heat shield mist. I use this after I've washed and conditioned my hair - when it's damp - just before I dry it.

Now I know I said the Shea Butter was my ideal kind of smell but oh. my. god. THIS. IS. INSANE. Even Fraser has given my hair a whiff after I've used this and he's obsessed. I am obsessed.

After all my frying, heat protection is really important to me and my hair now. It's something I need after every wash. This is my absolute holy grail product in this whole range and like I say I'm a sucker for a smell: the only thing I can say is if you imagine a mermaid - this is what her hair smells like. 

I don't think I'll ever not use this again.


Since taking these pictures - I've also tried the Hibiscus and Coconut range - I'll leave that post for another day because there's just so much to say and this is already a long post!

What I will say is that I don't think I'll ever go for another hair care range again.

In a nutshell: it looks great in my bathroom - the colours and the gold cap make it feel fun and luxe all at the same time, each range I've tried does exactly what they say on the tin, they smell DIVINE and when they're on three for two at Boots and Superdrug - there's surprisingly affordable.

I've still got twenty minutes left of this train journey - so I'm going to watch the rest of Sabrina now. I hope you have the yummiest weekend! If you're in need of a hair wash - you know where to go!

Ex

No comments

Post a Comment

designed by pipdig