Drunk Elephant Littles: Let's Get Tipsy!


Hello there! How are you? I hope you're well.

I'm alright actually, I'm sat in bed - again shock. My candles are flickering beside me - the aroma of sweet pea, cotton and vanilla is clinging to the air. I've got a brew balancing on my stomach - the steam from it is swirling in front of my face.

It's that face that I'm going to talk about with you today.

MY FACE. What a face.

It's given me some bloody trouble over the years I can tell you and even more so these last couple of months. I've been absolutely riddled with spots - and not just on my chin - I'm talking all over - where I wouldn't normally get breakouts.

BUT there is a small sliver of a silver lining - and that's been in the form of Drunk Elephant.

Lets start by talking you through my skin:

I have very very VERY dry skin. It's a real pisstake for me really. I've tried everything for it - drink up masks, night creams, day creams, eye creams - the lot. Nothing works. I suppose it's just a case of I really should drink more water. I can't though! I find it really tough and my skin pays the price.

Despite the dehydration my skin battles on a daily, as a teenager - I was very very spotty. I would say hormones - but even now, when I break from taking my pill for a few months - I break out - so I think it's just me.

It's meant I've got to be really picky in what I put on my skin.

I've always tried to go for the most natural things - that's just who I am anyway. In the past, I've loved the likes of Origins, The Body Shop, Palmers and Aesop. Recently though, I've found myself wanting more for my skin.

If you cast your mind back to Black Friday - a long time ago now - but it brought with it a little glimmer of gold. It's that time of year isn't it - time to dive in, cash first and get those endorphin hits hittin'

I'd been eyeing up the Drunk Elephant collection for a while and this was the perfect opportunity.

Now normally, this collection in it's full size form would cost you just under £350. It's pretty outrageous and if I'm honest I just don't have the pay packet or the stomach to splurge on the whole collection. They do, however, have the Littles Collection and on Black Friday I managed to grab it with a cheeky saving from Cult Beauty.

Drunk Elephant is the brain child of Tiffany Masterson. After decades of being un-inspired by what's out there on the shelves, (I hear ya sister), she decided to take matters into her own hands. Her philosophy is interesting, she has the idea that we don't have 'skin types' we just have - skin - and our conditions are a reaction to what we feed it. I like the idea - I like the thought that actually I don't have dry skin and I just need to curb what it is I'm putting onto it.

Drunk Elephant therefore has removed what Tiffany calls the 'suspicious six' from all their products with the ethos that a formula is only as good as it's worst ingredient. I'll be honest - that's an idea I can really get on board with.

And so Drunk Elephant was born and I can tell you ( I wish I didn't because of that whopping price tag) it's been incredible.

I honestly love putting every single product on my skin.

STEP 1. I start with the Beste No. 9 Jelly Cleanser. I literally use the teeniest amount on my Clarisonic (does anyone even use those anymore?). I'm talking the size of a pea - if that. I've had it this long and it still lasts. This little baby's won tonnes of awards and it's not hard to see why. It's so lovely and foamy - but without the nasty foaming agent that would usually dry out your skin. A mega perk. There's no overpowering smells on your skin either.


STEP 2 Next, during the day, I'll use the C-Firma Day Serum. This little bad boy is packed with vitamin C and loads of other nutrients. It's supposed to all work together to firm and brighten the appearance of the skin.

I mix it with the B Hydra Intensive Hydration Serum. Mixing's not something I've ever really done before but according to Tiffany, because there's no silicones - there's no weird clumping or settling. It means you can quite literally make a little cocktail of products to put on your face and it all works perfectly. 

I really love the Hydration Serum, like I say my skin is very dry so this felt like a lovely thirst quenching serum for my skin. Actually that's how they market it too 'a cool drink of water for your thirsty skin'. 

It's moisturising, without being too heavy for the day.



Step 3. Speaking of moisturising! I finish off my steps with the lovely little Lala Retro Whipped Creme Fouttee. 

Side note: I love this just for the name too. I call one of my best friends Lala - so every time I use it my mind jumps to Australia where I imagine her lapping up the sun in her life of luxury.

Back to this Lala though - and again - what a great product. I promise I've not been paid to say any of this haha. The cream is really weirdly firm and again great for daily moisture. 

This is the one product I've run out of. Maybe it's because I love to layer my face in anything slightly moisturising - who knows - but I do think it's also the sign of a great product.

I team it up with the Shaba Complex Under Eye Serum. Eye cream is usually a step I skip. Rather naively I suppose. Again with this, a little goes a long way.


NIGHT: This has got to be my favourite step! After taking the day off with Step 1. I create another little cocktail with the T.L.C Glycolic Night Serum and the Virgin Marula Oil.

Let's talk about the oil first. I LOVE oil. I feel like it's the only thing that ever really gives me a true thirst quenching hit of moisture. I love putting it on before bed and really letting my skin soak. I've had a few oils that have been quite heavy, it's definitely led to breakouts in the past. This one though is really nice. It's not too heavy but moisturising enough to give me a deep nourish.

The Drunk Elephant Oil, according to Tiffany, comes straight from the 'pip' of the Marula fruit (which I've never heard of). It's cold pressed, and supposed to be like 'rehab for your skin'. Apparently it's been used by African women for generations - and they do battle that blistering sun all day - so they must be doing something right!

I team the oil with my FAVOURITE product in the whole collection - the Glycolic Night Serum. Now I've done my research and according to experts you're not supposed to use AHA's in the day. The sun deactivates them so best to use at night.

This is one of those products you can literally FEEL working. Granted, it's not for everyone. It certainly stings when you first use it, and if you're not used to it it's a little surprising. I had to build up to using it myself but it is the one thing I KNOW makes a difference.

In particular, my forehead can be quite bumpy and scaly. I'm not really sure why - it's not like I've got loads of spots there. But it can be a problem area for my foundation - going cakey and scaly.

When I use this though - that is NOT the case. When I wake up after using this, my skin is like a beautiful fresh bouncy canvas. It feels plump and smooth and nourished by the partnership with the oil.




And that's it. I have gotta say I love these products. The single bad thing about them is the price tag. I really feel like they do my skin the world of good and I even get so many compliments on the packaging too!

I'd even go so far as to say I'm past the point of tipsy into these little guys - I'm bloody trollied. 

No comments

Post a Comment

designed by pipdig